Sunday, July 6, 2008

Anniversary Guest Book



Here is the guestbook I made for the anniversary party on Saturday. I think it measures about 12 inches tall and 12 inches wide when opened. The chipboard album is by Melissa Frances. The chipboard flowers are Fancy Pants, green brads are Paper Studio, white flowers are Prima ribbon cut up, rubons are DCWV and paint is Plaid - Bright Magenta and Bright Yellow. The bright yellow was nearly the death of me! I applied 7 or 8 coats (the whole 2 oz bottle of craft paint) to the album. Yellow does not cover well, but in the end it worked out just fine :-) These were the colors used for the decorations at the party. On the inside I stamped flowers on the pages. Flowers are foam stamps from Maya Road, yellow ink Pretty Color, pink ink unknown and green ink Versa Color.

In other scrap news...

Check out the CPS Sketch for last week #71 - I was one of the top picks! I was really happy with this card, so I'm glad others thought it was cool too.

Eye-Lets Etc. is having a challenge this month. You need to use eyelets on a layout, card etc. to get your name entered in a drawing for a $50 gift certificate. Deadline is July 30th and you can enter as many times as you want. You can find the link here.

Got my Memory Makers Idea Gallery '08 magazine right before we left for the holiday weekend. I thought it wasn't coming out till the fall, so I was excited to see it - in particular because one of the layouts is about my Grandma Hansen (I married a Hansen and my mom was also a Hansen so our kids have a lot of Grandma and Grandpa Hansens!) that passed away a year ago July 3rd. You can find it on page 40. I also have another one called "God Guys" on page 78 . I will post the actual layouts to the blog once I'm able.



1 comment:

Dawn said...

Very cute book! Love the bright colors and all the flowers.
Hugs
Dawn