Wednesday, January 28, 2009

It's Isn't Easy Being Green

I was home yesterday with a sick Parker and so while he napped, I dug out some supplies. I wanted to use some paper packs I had received recently and hadn't gad time to use yet. When I posted these, I realized everything is green! I also went out in below zero temps to snap these and the wind kept blowing them over and I began to lose feeling in my fingers so I apologize if a couple are crooked! I am also a sketch junkie so all of the cards below are based on sketches. I have some other sketches from other sites I want to tackle too. I am going to a crop on Saturday so hope to have some more to share soon.

*This will be featured in the April 2010 issue of Crafts N Things.*

This was made with the sketch #100 at Card Positioning Systems. They are having a big celebration this week so check it out. I used the Rusty Pickle Lucky line (thank you Jill and Rusty Pickle for the RAK!) and Prima Flowers.


Some more Lucky and Prima. The scalloped paper came from leftovers from the next card. I also find myself using kraft cardstock alot. I use it more than white it seems! This sketch is from a cool new site called Miss Hippy Chick Sketch Blog. They also have page layouts in case you aren't as obsessed with cards as I am!



This sketch is from another fun new site called Card Patterns. Even more Lucky and Prima (loving those felt flowers can you tell?), a Making Memories clip and some American Crafts letters. I heart the pattern on that blue paper.




I used a variety of scraps from my other projects to make this card. Rusty Pickle sticker and those yummy Prima flowers and a K and Company brad. This was made with Sketch #1 from A Scrap Addict's Sketches. They always seem to have a new sketch so be sure to stop by.





These last two cards are from 2 Sketches 4 You. Their DT always puts out the neatest cards. This is Rae's bonus sketch. She is a simple card girl like me..so I stalk her blog alot! SEI Oasis, Prima flowers and American Crafts ABC's. I bought a bunch of textured paper from Hobby Lobby and am digging this green snakeskin one. I apologize that the 'i' is crooked (numb fingers couldn't seem to straighten it) and the card is not sitting up, but my fingers were frozen and I had to work fast before frostbite set in!







This was made with Laura's sketch #18 this week. More SEI Oasis, more Prima, more American Crafts and added an EK Success flower sitcker. Sorry for all of the Hi cards, but my tiny letters stickers (one of my all time card faves) are packed away in one of my many scrapbook tubs for a little bit longer. The insulation is in the walls of my new scrap room...let the drywalling begin. This was put back a few days by the fact that a water pipe broke in our house and soaked our kitchen and family room early Sunday morning. Luckily we caught it early and besides the fact that we've had loud fans blowing on it all week, in the end there was little damage. And I'm happy to report not a single scrap supply was damaged :-)


Thanks for stopping by and stay warm!







13 comments:

Laura Davis said...

Wow jennifer these are both darling! I love the colors:) Thanks for playing!
Laura

Tamaroo said...

All your cards are beautiful! You did a great job!

Unknown said...

These are all just beautiful! I love your takes on the 2s4u sketches!

cornellgj said...

great cards Jen! love the Rusty Pickle! :)

Unknown said...

WOW, you've been busy Jennifer! Your 2s4y cards are gorgeous, thank you for playing with my sketch!
{Oh, and stop stalking and stop in sometime, will ya? lol!!!! We simple cardmakers have to stick together!!}

Lea L. said...

Wow! Lots of fabulous cards...you have been busy!! Great job with all the sketches and challenges!

~Lea

marley said...

wonderful cards! all of them are simply beautiful and i like the sentiments!

AB. said...

Great cards!! I'm loving all the green - esp the flowers on your CPS card!
Peace & love
Alison xxx

Linda Beeson said...

All of that green is just wonderful! Oh how I love your CPS sketch card.

~amy~ said...

Lovin' all the green...one of my favorite colors!!!!

cnelson said...

love them all!

Beckie said...

I love your cards and what you have done with the Rusty Pickle papers. Also your Layout with the lipstick is so fun!

Deanne Clarke said...

Love the cards!!! The colors are awesome!!!