Saturday, May 30, 2009

A Bottle of Primas and a box of Glue Dots Later...Here is Miss Emma's 1st Mini Album!
















You go girl! She was picked as a Best of the Blogosphere over at Card of the Week!

She was in a creative mood this morning and asked if she could do an album. I picked up a bunch of Colorbok Crayola chipboard albums for $1 at Michael's recently and am trying to tell myself I don't need to hoard! She has been bugging me to make more crafts lately and my room is still in shambles and so I've been stalling. She especially has been asking for the glitter! On this project she did 95 percent of the work herself. I cut the pictures out for her (although she picked out all of the pictures, decided where in the album she wanted them and how I should trim them) and cut and tied the ribbons on for her (although she picked them out). Poor girl can't tie her shoes very well yet, although she's reading at an early 3rd grade level - go figure! She did all of the painting, blinging and decorating. As you can see - she's even wearing some of the paint :-) Maybe I'm just biased, but I think she rocked the mini album...especially for only being 6 years old!

Supplies include:
Chipboard Album: Colorbok Crayloa
Paints: All Plaid, except purple Making Memories
Gems: Darice
Flowers: Prima
ABC Stickers: Doodlebug
Glue Dots
Size: approx 6x6
(click on pictures for a better look - I also included some of her during her creative process. Ignore the disaster in the background!)





Here are a couple others things she made last night on her own. (She gets more done in 2 days, then I've made in weeks...lol) The layout/drawing is for one of her boyfriends, Nathan. She had asked me if she could have a bottle of Primas leaves. I wasn't paying attention and said, sure. Half of them ended up on the layout, but I'm trying to be ok with that :-) I'd had them forever and hadn't used them, so it was a freeing experience! I'm actually hoping I get to keep the layout, as I want to hang it in our scrap room. She also decorated a baby wipe container so that I can hold some of my trinkets. (The polka dotted curtains are what I picked for my scrap room.)

1 comment:

salme said...

Jen, she's so creative! :-) Love her album! She rocked Prima!